grasshopper prayer

pay attention all day

Friday, February 11, 2005

company

Some days, it's good not to be alone. My parents visited recently, but that's a strange kind of alone-together. This is different; yesterday was one of those days. In the midst of the grey and the almost-sometimes snow, I had friends to call, some life maintenance to do, and sleep to get. I didn't get to the sleep, but I did read a blog by someone who is good at being honest. I then did an odd thing--I wrote an email to the blogger. We'll see what happens; sometimes these things work, sometimes they don't. But sometimes it's important to know that someone Out There is having experiences so much like yours that you could have written them. I'm going to be writing about faith soon for work, and it's good to have days like yesterday to restore my faith in the world. Each day a little gets chipped away, but if you let it, each day a little gets put back. Slowly, slowly, the faith is growing. So may it be.


Update: The blogger very kindly granted his permission to use his work. :-) See? Sometimes it all works out. Many thanks to the many people who give me reason to have faith in the little daily ways. I am so lucky.