grasshopper prayer

pay attention all day

Friday, December 10, 2004

moving

Well, I did it. Cancelled my old car insurance. I am now officially and completely paperworked into Canada. I have a lease, ownership and registration and insurance and licence plates for the car, a job, a paycheck, and a bank account. It feels a little sad and a little comfortable.

I also attended my first press conference. It was exhausting. I don't recommend them, unless you really liked forensics when you were in high school. Still, I'm glad I went. It's good practice for when I have to do that without an invitation from a strong, well-established organization to back me up. Let me just say I'm glad I don't have to be a journalist. I don't think I'm pushy or strong enough. They're kind of two sides of the same coin, I think. Still, I'm grateful that there are journalists, because they make it possible for us to know things without being everywhere at once.

That's what I think.