grasshopper prayer

pay attention all day

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

disappointing

I've been awake for an hour. This is actually pretty good--there was a time in my life when I was always awake at 6:30. I get a lot done in the morning. However.
However. In this place and time, being awake at 6:30 looks just like being awake at 4:30 (AM), which is to say that it is well before sunrise...which means that I have been awake through sunrise this morning. I like sunrise. It opens my heart and makes me breathe in so that my lungs are full. When I can see it. Which I couldn't. I didn't notice at the time, but I have just realised that the sun is up, as up as it will get today, and there was no orange glow, no pink wash, no golden light. Some days things just don't work out the way you might hope. Ah well.