grasshopper prayer

pay attention all day

Saturday, August 19, 2006

abundance

I have been gifted with abundance in my life these last few weeks.

Is it from the daily mutterings, the discipline like yoga to mold my mind into the unfamiliar space? I realized this evening that perhaps every wall need not be covered in furniture; I will realize tomorrow something else, equally obvious, equally profound. It is the way of time when compressed, and vacation is almost over.

I am therefore unbending my creaky fingers, letting the water built up behind the dam of my arms (curled tight around me) spill over, trickle and finally gush into another life...or two.

It is like breathing again, after swimming underwater for a long, long time.

inhale, exhale, blessed be

and amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home