grasshopper prayer

pay attention all day

Monday, August 07, 2006

deadheading

...has nothing to do with tiedye t-shirts and long hair and smoking of alternatives to tobacco. It does, however, relate to weed(s), via gardening. Apparently, it is the removal of "spent" blooms on flowering things, especially roses. So "deadheading" the roses means snipping off wilted roses in a specially prescribed manner, the better to encourage the plant to make more roses, which look and smell pretty. I've been asking for advice from neighbors. I've been using said advice. It works. It works well and I get to feel useful, wandering around the yard at early hours with clippers in my hand. I have to make sure I don't get overenthusiastic, because it's so satisfying.

I wonder what else would be better off if I trimmed the dead weight?

1 Comments:

  • Your writing is beautiful. You should be an author. You sound like a poet. See how plain my writing is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home